Your sister has always been your BFF, even though she is much more than the textbook definition of a best friend. You have been side-by-side since you were kids and have gone on many adventures and family vacays together.
There are many wonderful things to express how much your sister is the peanut butter to your jelly. If it were up to you, you would end up writing a novel, but you know your friends don’t have time to read it all.
This is when something sweet and to the point, like sister captions for Instagram, will come in clutch.
To help you start with the process of choosing a good caption, we’ve created this list. All you need to do is scroll through these 220 sister captions to find the one that perfectly matches your Instagram snap.
Let’s dive in!
Cute sister captions for Instagram
If you are lucky enough to be part of a sister squad, you probably have tons of cute (and embarrassing) pics of each other to post on Instagram. A cute sister picture should come with an even cuter caption. That’s why we have prepared this list of cute sister captions for you.
- Happiness is being with my sis
- My first friend, my best friend 👭
- All I need is love and my sister
- Love is beautiful, sisterhood is better
- I love you because you are basically me
- Out of anyone who could have been my sis, I’m so glad it was you
- A loyal sis is worth a thousand friends
- How can people make it through life without a sister?
- Sister & friend - two words that mean the same thing
- The next Charli and Dixie 👩❤️👩
- When I say I will not tell anyone, my sis doesn’t count
- There’s no problem we can’t solve when we are together
- We don’t need words, ‘cause we have perfected our own secret language
- She has fire in her soul and grace in her heart
- One soul, two bodies
- The greatest gift parents ever gave us was each other
- Being sisters means that you always have back up
- Life was meant for adventures with your sis
- Our bond remains forever strong
- There’s no better friend than a sister. And there’s no better sister than you!
- A good talk with my sis is all the therapy I need
- Fairies are real, and they’re called sisters
- Always be with me ❤️
- You can change the world, girl
- When we stand together, nothing else stands a chance
- Making memories with you is my favorite pastime
- I’m a spark and you’re a bounce
- We share childhood memories and adult dreams
- We may forget the years, but we’ll remember the moments
- You are the Dory to my Nemo
Funny sister captions for Instagram
You’re free to use any kind of adjective to describe your sister. Is she sometimes annoying but loving? Is she the organized or disorganized sibling? Mention that and even add some funny quotes about sisters fighting. Which siblings do not have disagreements every once in a while?
- I will always love our daily trips to the fridge
- Forget the rules. If my sis likes it, I wear it!
- FYI, she got half her clothes from my closet
- We work hard to shop hard
- BTBFF: Born together, best friends forever 👩❤️💋👩
- Best friend? Nah, she is my sister
- Lesson learned from “Parent Trap”? Hmm, better together.
- You think I’m dramatic? You should meet my sister
- People should use us as an example of being frenemies!
- And I will love you 1000 times more tomorrow
- I can’t remember if I am the good sister or the evil one…
- Sisters who slay together, stay together
- Back off! I have a sister and I’m not afraid to use her
- Our relationship is not always perfect. But our outfits can be!
- In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips
- What do you mean no pets allowed? This is my sister
- When it comes to dressing up, my sister is always my partner 💃
- Fashions fade, sisterhood is eternal
- Having a sis is like having a double
- We go together like peanut butter & jelly
- Good times + crazy sis = great memories
- Annoying her is my favorite pastime
- Too glam to give a damn
Little sister captions for Instagram
Looking for little sister captions for your Instagram photos? Here you are!
- You can fool anyone, but never your little sis
- Siblings by birth, friends by choice
- A little sister is a forever friend 👩
- A little sister time is good for the soul
- My sister is one of the best gifts my parents could have given me
- Little sister, you always make me feel like a mom!
- Sister, you’re not old. You’re vintage
- Sisters are different flowers from the same garden
- Sisters are the perfect best friend
- We got the style skills from our mama
- The best thing about having a sister is that I always have a friend
- A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost
- You’re always very dear to my history
- Such a big miracle in such a small person
- My sister > Your sister 😜
- Always better together!
- The only thing better than having you as my sis is one day my children having you as their aunt
- God made us sisters. Our hearts made us friends
- Of all the annoying things in the world, you are my favorite
- Always be with me
- And so the adventure begins…
Birthday sister captions for Instagram
Your sister has always been your best friend. She has been the one you look for when you need to eat some ice cream, and the person in your life who is always down for an adventure.
This year, on her birthday, you want to make her smile and feel so loved. You’ll need one of these Instagram captions for your sister’s birthday, and all celebratory posts to come.
- Happy birthday, sister! Thanks for always being there for me. Love you much!
- Do you remember the story our mom told us that she found you crying on a street and she took you home? True story! Happy birthday! 👏
- Happy birthday my little sis! Many happy returns of the day!
- Happy birthday to my badass sis!
- Sister, I send you the warmest of wishes for a loving, bright, and wonderful birthday
- We used to fight like cats and dogs, but I think now you are a doggone purr-fect sis. Happy birthday! 🥳🤩🎂🎉
- Happy birthday, my sis. I promise to continue to be the best sibling ever
- As a gift for your birthday, I won’t tell everyone on Instagram how old you are today. You’re welcome!
- Dear sis, you’ve always made me special on my birthday and today I intend to do the same for you
- Happy birthday to my gorgeous sis!
- Dear sis, hope you have a spectacular birthday bash. You deserve it!
- Thanks for being my one and only best friend. Happy birthday, sis! 💐
- Happy birthday to my sis, a person who knows too many embarrassing childhood secrets about me
- Big hugs to you, sister. I hope your birthday is the best day ever
- Birthday cakes are always great. But a sister with a birthday cake? Ever greater! 🍰
- I hope your birthday is as special as you are. Love you!
- Sister - today is your special day. Name it and it is yours!
- Happy birthday to my sis, who keeps me sane when she is not driving me crazy
- Happy birthday, sis. May you achieve your wildest dreams!
- Happy birthday to the lady who witnessed most of my childhood injuries, and caused quite a few of them
- You are the most annoying person all around the world, but somehow I still love you much. Happy birthday, sis! 🎁
- Happy birthday to a sis who has the world’s greatest sister ;)
Sister wedding captions for Instagram
Being a bridesmaid or guest at your friend’s wedding is exciting, but being at your own sister’s wedding makes it even more special.
Unlike any other, sisters share a special bond. From sharing clothes and sharing gossip to having each other’s backs from young, sisters share an irreplaceable relationship. Therefore, capturing your sister's special day requires a special caption.
- Can’t keep calm because my sis is getting married!!! 👰
- Came for the couple, stayed for the cake
- Long you have waited for this meaningful moment. It is such a joy to be celebrating your wedding with you!
- The most beautiful day for the most beautiful couple 💑
- I’m your maid of honor today, but your sister forever.
- You guys got me all emotional and stuff
- Adding wife to your list after sis, best friend, and the ketchup to my fries.
- They got married and I got champagne. Win-win
- My sis gets married today, and I get to eat cake #feelingblessed
- As kids, we talked and dreamed a lot of our future, and now it’s here. Congrats on your wedding! You deserve a life filled with love and happiness.
- I wish you a lifetime together full of everlasting love ❤️
- This day is the start of your fairytale. Embrace the joy that rolls with it.
- If you invite me to your wedding, just know that I will tear up the dance floor with you
- All you need is love… and an open bar
- Wishing love, laughter, and happily ever after for my sis 🍷
- No longer a miss, but always my sis
- This day is the mark of a new beginning, the start of your sweet forever
- May the happiness and love you feel today shine through the years
- I’ll miss you! 🥺
- You guys look beautiful together. Happy wedding!
- Sister of the bride
- You can find me on the dance floor 💃
- Today I not only get to watch my sis get married, but I gain another family member, too. Win-win!
- Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow.
- I’m not crying. You’re crying.
- You’ll be the most amazing wife in the world, because you are already the greatest sister
- My family just got bigger today, and I cannot be more excited
- My sis likes to look on the bride side of life.
- It seems like we were playing “house” in the backyard just yesterday, and now you get to do it IRL.
- There’s no better friend than a sis, and there’s no better sis than you. Congrats on your wedding! ❤️
- May your wedding day be just like you: Perfect!
- Hey you, take care of my sister!
- Okay, but whose clothes do I steal now?
- Can’t wait to ugly cry at my sister’s wedding
- Can’t imagine a more pretty and loving bride than you. May you and your husband find much happiness!
- Happy wedding, happy life!!!
- Cheers to your happily ever after
- Congrats to my best friend and darling sister!
- Maid of honor today, your best friend forever
- Best wishes on your wedding day, my sis!
- Congrats to the best sister and the most beautiful bride!
- I’m so glad you found your person! 💒
- My little sister is now a wife. Congratulations!
- Start a new chapter of your life with blessing and good wishes
Instagram captions for twin sisters
It’s a truth that being part of a duo has its upsides and downsides that not everyone can understand. One of the most awesome things about twinhood is its rarity. Next time when you share a photo on Instagram, try one of these captions to make your other half feel special.
- One soul, two bodies
- Twice the blessing, twice the fun. Two miracles at once!
- Two little blessings! 👭
- Are they twins? Nope, they are triplets. I just leave the ugly one at home
- We feel safer with each other than with our peers
- That awkward moment when you see twins fighting and one of them calls the other ugly
- Twins. Twice the love, half the sleep!
- I’ll never be alone because I have a twin
- I wish I had a twin, so I could know what I look like without plastic surgery
- Life is so much better when you have twins to share the ride
- My better half ❤️
- Some twins create their one language called “cryptophasia” that only they can understand!
- I find a lot of myself in my twin sister
- Twins are another way of saying “Buy one get one free”
- A sister is both your mirror and your equivalent
- You’ve got a twin in me
- I couldn’t live without my twin
- Spot the difference 🧐
- You didn’t get lunch because mommy thought I was you and fed me twice!
- Two unique souls united by birth
- I may be a twin, but I’m one of a kind
- And twice the awesomeness
- If you think I am the evil twin, you should meet my sis
- Double trouble
- Life is two-riffic with you around
- There are two things in life for which we’re never prepared: twins.
- We are twice as nice
- It’s called a twinning moment
- Miracles sometimes come in pairs
- A joy shared with a twin is a joy made double
- We are one, and you are my precious another half 🥰
- Twins: Genes so nice, God made them twice
- My twin sister can never forget my birthday!
- When bliss and beauty were happily married, they had twins
One word sister captions for Instagram
She is your confidant, your cute little thing, or the girl you grew up with. These one word captions are perfect for your Instagram pic with your sister.
- Twins 👭
- Sisterly 🥰
- #BlessedSis ❤️
- #SassySis 😜
Sister quotes from movies/TV series/cartoons/literature
There’s nothing like the loving and unbreakable bond between sisters. Sisterhood is one of the most meaningful relationships one can have in their lifetime. To celebrate this beautiful bond, here are some sister quotes from movies, TV series, cartoons, and literature that you can use to explore and embrace the love between sisters.
Sister quotes from movies/TV series/ cartoons/ literature
- “We’re sisters. We’re a lot more alike than you think.” (Wish Upon a Star)
- “I do everything for everyone. Everything to be perfect. The perfect daughter, the perfect sister, the perfect student. Can't I do this one thing for me?” (Riverdale)
- “You’re not a lady. You’re nothing but a sister!” (The Aristocats)
- “Elsa: What would I do without you?
Anna: You’ll always have me.” (Frozen II)
- “The wisdom that came up for me was that, the things left unsaid, stay with us forever. I wish nothing more than if I could tell my sister how much I loved her and that I always idolized her, but we never said those things. We just weren't like that. Then suddenly one day she's gone. And I have all these things to say, but no one to say them to.” (Wish I Was Here)
- “My poor little sister should be out trick-or-treating, but you've kept her from a normal childhood and now she's a wall ornament.” (Halloweentown)
- “I bet you're wondering who we are and why we're here. It's really quite simple. It began with two sisters. One born with magical powers, and one born powerless, with her love of snowmen, infinite.” (Frozen II)
- “For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather;
To cheer one on the tedious way,
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one torrers down,
To strengthen whilst one stands” (Christina Rossetti, Goblin Market)
- “In a way, I was incredibly proud of her (not that I had any intention of letting it show while I was beating the crap out of her).” (Meg Cabot, Airhead Book 3: Runaway)
- “Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.” (Jojo Moyes, The Girl You Left Behind)
- “At this point, none of us are sure why we fight. We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight, even though we have plenty of them.” (Ken Wheaton, Sweet as Cane, Salty as Tears)
- “it isn’t blood that makes you my sister
it’s how you understand my heart
as though you carry it
in your body (Rupi Kaur, The Sun And Her Flowers)
- "Come on Grace, I'm not going to tell on you. I'm your sister." And that's all she has to say.” (Robin Epstein, God Is in The Pancakes)
- “My Sister! (‘tis a wish of mine)
Now that our morning meal is done,
Make haste, your morning task resign;
Come forth and feel the sun.
Edward will come with you - and pray!
Put on with speed your woodland dress;
And bring no book: for this one day
We’ll give to idleness.” (William Wordsworth, To My Sister)
- “For every awful thing that's been said and done, she is my sister. Parents die, daughters grow up and marry out, but sisters are for life. She is the only person left in the world who shares my memories of our childhood, our parents, our Shanghai, our struggles, our sorrows, and, yes, even our moments of happiness and triumph. My sister is the one person who truly knows me, as I know her.” (Lisa See, Shanghai Girls)
- “Of two sisters
one is always the watcher,
one the dancer.” (Louise Glück, Descending Figure)
- “She wouldn't climb out of the bed for her sister, but she had climbed into a crater. She wouldn't cross a room, but she had crossed a continent.” (Anthony Marra, A Constellation of Vital Phenomena)
- “May, I love you with everything I am. For so long, I just wanted to be like you. But I had to figure out that I am someone too, and now I can carry you, your heart with mine, everywhere I go.” (Ava Dellaira, Love Letters to the Dead)
- “When I was small I tried filling your shoes.
Not much has changed, it’s what I still try to do.
As time has gone by, I still see what I saw then,
Not only are you my sister, you are my friend.
We laughed and cried together with arms open wide.
When I lost who I was, you gave back my pride.
You are a part of me as the moon is to the stars,
And always remember I am me because of who you are.” (Caroline, My Misfit Charlie)
- “That's the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they're far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.” (Gemma Burgess, A Girl Like You)
- “You mean everything to me,
Beyond you there is nothing I can see,
A perfect guide that you are,
Remembering me even when far,
You always think of me first,
You have supported me,
When situations were worst,
The best sis anyone can have,
And that is you,
Thanks for being in my life!” (Anonymous, A Special Bond)
- “Ruthie started to cry at Julia's use of the word "hate," though Ruthie knew it was true, accurate. For a long time now it had been easier just to hate her sister. Easier to try to define the relationship with that simple emotion than to live with the conflicting set of feelings Julia brought forth.” (Susan Rebecca White, A Soft Place to Land)
- “One roof we lived under,
We struggled through harsh rains and thunder.
We may have gone our individual ways,
But we still flock under each other’s love rays.
A closer friend I will never have,
Sister I love you for you are the best!” (Anonymous, My Sister, My Friend)
- “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” (Claire Cook, New Leash on Life)
- “We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don't judge.” (Adriana Trigiani, Viola in Reel Life)
- “But what if the monsters come?"
"Fancy." Kit looked away from the drama to stare at her sister, surprised. "We are the monsters.” (Dia Reeves, Slice of Cherry)
- “Back in time it seemed that having a sister were a tragedy. Instead it is one of the best presents my parents could have ever given me.” (Sara Anzellotti, An Unexpected Proposal)
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading all these amazing sister captions and found what you were looking for. Use them for your next photos on Instagram and see what people will say about them!
And don’t forget that we have other interesting topics about Instagram captions that are available on our blog. Check them out now!